PHONE : +221 33 825 49 14
FAX : +221 33 825 14 43
Po.Box : 15938 Dakar-Fann
Pesticide Action Network (PAN) Africa is an information and action network for pesticide control. It is part of Pesticide Action Network International, a world-scale coalition of volunteers
organisations of civil society, research institutes, universities and citizens acting for the adoption of ecologically sound practices instead of hazardous pesticide use.
PAN Africa members act together to:
- Inform and raise awareness of hazards related to pesticides used in agriculture and disease vector control;
- Work towards the understanding of complex issues and stakes related to pesticide use; - Mobilise public opinion and channel efforts to efficiently face issues posed by pesticide production, use and distribution;
- Work for the research and dissemination of methods and techniques adapted to African ecosystems that constitute alternatives to hazardous and costly pesticides;
- Promote environmental protection and sustainable agriculture through rational management and the development of local resources;
- To lead advocacies with policy makers on good pesticides management.
PAN Africa is established in Dakar since May 1996. It coordinates the activities of the network members at the continent level.